Learn More About Our STEP Program
The Safety Training Evaluation Program (STEP) was developed in 1989 by contractors for contractors. This construction safety training program was created by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee and is of no cost to those interested, unless they are interested in STEP Diamond or Platinum, or they are submitting through a paper application. Responses submitted during the construction safety training are strictly confidential to provide further peace of mind.
The Benefits That Come Along With STEP
STEP really encourages and puts an emphasis on company safety and the idea of creating a culture for your business that encourages your employees to look out for each other in the work setting. This construction safety training program will make your workplace safer for everyone.
There are multiple other benefits that come along with STEP. These benefits include:
• It offers an organized approach for developing and creating a safety program and a loss prevention program.
• The Key Component system helps you form a guide to starting, updating, or auditing a company safety program.
• It can give you information regarding the entire company’s safety program.
• This construction safety training program is designed to be beneficial for both large and small businesses.
• They offer recognition for ABC members at both the National and Chapter levels. They even hold various recognition events.
• It is a gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition.
• STEP Diamond and Platinum members are eligible for the ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) – CISE Award.
• The 2013 STEP data showed that STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics.